- 1 Heart Tests in Singapore
- 2 Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- 3 Exercise treadmill test (ETT or TMX)
- 4 Exercise stress echocardiography (ESE)
- 5 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- 6 Dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE)
- 7 24-hour holter ECG monitor (can also be done over multiple days)
- 8 Transthoracic echocardiogram
- 9 Cardiac event recorders
- 10 Tilt table test
- 11 Carotid intima-media thickness test
- 12 Cardiac computed tomography (cardiac CT)
- 13 Coronary calcium score
- 14 Cardiopulmonary exercise test
- 15 Coronary angiogram
- 16 Electrophysiological (EP) study
- 17 Myocardial perfusion imaging (MIBI or PET)
- 18 Permanent pacemaker (PPM) insertion
- 19 Coronary angiogram
- 20 Contact Us
Heart Tests in Singapore
Exercise treadmill test (ETT or TMX)
Exercise stress echocardiography (ESE)
24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
Dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE)
24-hour holter ECG monitor (can also be done over multiple days)
24-Hour Holter Monitor is a tiny device that checks and records the heart’s electrical activity continuously for 24 hours. It is an investigatory test to assess palpitations and dizziness. It also evaluates the functionality of cardiac devices, such as pacemakers or defibrillators.Moreover, the Holter monitor determines how well cardiac medications are working in controlling your symptoms. The device should be worn at all times and not to be removed even during sleep.
A technician will fit the device for you. She will attach electrodes on your chest and place the Holter monitor around the waist or neck. The technician will explain how to use the device and record your symptoms.
1 – Shower before fitting a Holter monitoring device. The device should be with you at all times, unattached.
2 – Wear comfortable, loose clothing.
3 – People who have hairy chests may need shaving for electrode attachment. Also, do not put any cream, oil, or emollients.